KDM Clan
KDM Clan
KDM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KDM Clan

Welcome to the home of the KDM clan.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
KDM Members .. the day is soon upon us when GG will deliver the Clan system it has so promised .. be patient Sons and Daughters of Helgan.. our clan time will come !!

Patch 1.04 Update issues

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DevilsCompany

DevilsCompany

Patch 1.04 Update issues Empty
PostSubject: Patch 1.04 Update issues   Patch 1.04 Update issues I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 3:25 pm

This was posted by GG_Developer LevTrin12 on 03-16-2011 03:31 PM

Hi all,

Here's an update on the recently released Killzone 3 patch 1.04 and its effects on the game. If you're experiencing problems, please read the information below.

Patch 1.04!

It's clear that 1.04 has allowed more people to connect and the gameplay adjustments went down well. But the patch also introduced lag to people. On top of that Patch 1.04 introduced a score processing bug.

First of all: thanks for reporting the issues and staying on topic. It makes it much easier for us to help.

What now?

The first thing we intend to do is fix the score processing bug. We've found the cause and we need to roll it out to you. This should happen tomorrow (pending testing). It's the earliest we could determine what was causing the bug, fix it, and submit it for testing.

You might be wondering why we don't fix the lag issues first - it's because tracking down their causes requires multiple steps and therefore more time. In the mean time, we don't want to keep this score fix from you. So don't worry, we are not disregarding the lag issues, they just takes more time to fix.

Regarding the website stats: Please note that stats on Killzone.com can take up to 30 minutes to update. The in-game stats should be instant.

Regarding unlocks: Unlock points that you have spent have all been registered - even if you lost the XP needed to get there. If, due to the bug above, you have lost XP and ranked up a certain level again you won't receive Unlock points for that rank. This is as it should be, as you shouldn't receive Unlock Points for a certain level twice. Also, if for some reason you have not received an Unlock point while leveling up, you will receive it automatically later.

So what about the lag?

We are trying out different solutions and fixes and will get these to you as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we don't know exactly when that will be. Some things can be done server-side, meaning you won't get a patch but should notice improvements in the next couple of days.

Other fixes will require a patch, probably early next week. This is all depending on coding and testing, so there is no way to say when this will roll out exactly.

Can I do anything to improve lag myself?

Yes, there are a couple of things you can do. These won't make lag magically go away, but it may improve your online experience:

* Choose the region that you are playing correctly. So if you reside in Europe, choose Europe.
* Try switching to wired, if you are playing wireless.
* If you can't connect wired, try connecting without encryption (so no WPA2, WEP or something similar) - but don't forget to turn it back on afterwards!
* Try defining the port ranges for PlayStation Network and Killzone 3 in your router setup:

o PlayStation Network
+ TCP: 80, 443, 5223
+ UDP: 3478, 3479, 3658
o Killzone 3
+ TCP: 10060 - 11000
+ UDP: 6500 - 7000, 51000 - 65535
* Try playing without a headset.
* Try playing with and without UPnP on your router.
* Make sure the PlayStation 3 MTU setting is set to Auto.
* Right now the MTU size should be 1478 minimum. That will change soon.
* Make sure the MTU size of your router is not larger than your ISP's accepted MTU size. You can test if your connection is ok by opening a command prompt on your PC and trying the following steps:

o On the command prompt, type "ping -f -l 1450 www.sony.com" (without the quotation marks).
o If ping responds with: "Packet needs to be fragmented but DF set" your MTU is too small and you will have to wait for the patch. Note that this test is only 99% accurate as you're not pinging the actual game servers but www.sony.com.
o If you see something like the message below, then your connection is fine and you should be able to play:

Pinging www.sony.com [64.37.182.61] with 1450 bytes of data:
Reply from 64.37.182.61: bytes=56 (sent 1450) time=184ms TTL=246
Reply from 64.37.182.61: bytes=56 (sent 1450) time=185ms TTL=246

Thanks for your patience,

Lev

Back to top Go down
stonerdog

PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.04 Update issues   Patch 1.04 Update issues I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 5:07 pm

mines working ok but i hear its fucked for some of the guys i hope gg fix it fast
Back to top Go down
DevilsCompany

DevilsCompany

PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.04 Update issues   Patch 1.04 Update issues I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 10:43 am

I checked my system clock there it was 5 minutes fast reset it via internet and jumped into a quick game. My gun worked woohoo I got me some double kill mojo back and there was no lag Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.04 Update issues   Patch 1.04 Update issues I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Patch 1.04 Update issues
Page 1 of 1